Shrimp Cocktail with Creamy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, well chilled
- Put sour cream, lemon juice, oil, cayenne pepper, vinegar (if using), green onions, salt and pepper into a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to serve, arrange shrimp on a platter along with sauce. Serve immediately.