Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli
TIME: 40 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and place the flat side down and make cuts across the back of the potato going the long way. Flip these on their sides and cut in half to make them look like French fries.
3. Spread in one layer on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Bake for 15 minutes and turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt.
5. While they are baking, prepare the Garlic Aioli by mincing the garlic and mixing with the salt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and honey.