TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 ¼ cups Gluten Free flour
- ½ cup GF almond flour
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (if not included in GF Flour Mix)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ stick unsalted butter. softened (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup warm milk (use Almond, Coconut or Soy Milk for dairy free)
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Lemon sauce (recipe below)
1. Lightly butter a bread loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the gluten free flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
3. Cream the butter until white. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the lemon zest.
4. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture in 2 parts, alternating with the milk. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Let the mix rest on the counter for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
7. Bake for one hour at 325 degrees F.
8. Remove from the bread pan and pour the lemon sauce over it.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Bring to a boil in a nonaluminum pot and pour over the cooked bread.