YIELDS ONE LOAF
TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not included in GF Flour Mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat on high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium speed until combined.
3. In a small separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add a Tablespoon of water if necessary to mix.
4. In a medium separate bowl, whisk together the GF flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
5. Alternate adding the bananas and the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture until blended.
6. Spoon the batter into a buttered 5 X 9 inch loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter.