Multi Grain Drop Rolls
YIELDS ONE DOZEN
TIME: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup White or Brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup Millet flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 additional egg whites at room temperature
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Only use flours labeled gluten free.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Turn the oven off as soon as it reaches 200 degrees F.
2 . Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl until you reach a uniform consistency.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate large bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed. The mixture will get slightly frothy.
4. When fully combined, slowly add dry ingredients mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Mix until fully blended, with no lumps.
5. Use a large spoon covered with olive oil to drop the dough on a cookie sheet which has been lined with parchment paper.
6. Cover with a piece of saran wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place in the warm oven and allow the dough to rise for 90 minutes.
7. Remove the rolls and increase heat to 350 degrees F.
8. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the crust is a golden-brown.