YIELDS 12 SLICES
TIME: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free flour
- 2 cups milk (use almond or coconut for dairy free)
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 package Gluten Free bread
- butter (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
1. Mix together the Gluten Free flour and milk with a fork until all of the clumps disappear. Gluten Free Flour can be clumpy so mix it thoroughly. Stir in the sugar, salt, cinnamon and eggs until blended.
2. Soak Gluten Free bread in egg mixture until wet. I have found that a 9 x 12 casserole dish works great for this. You can soak six pieces of bread at a time.
3. Melt butter on a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bread slices until golden brown on each side.
4. Sprinkle with powder sugar and serve with blueberries and syrup.
Yields a dozen.