YIELDS ONE DOZEN
TIME: 30 minutes
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Generous Pinch or Two of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Gluten Free Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Quick or Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Enjoy Life Foods Cereal Perkys Crunchy Flax Or Perky's Rice Cereal
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Mini Chocolate Chips (For dairy free use Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate mini-chips.)
1. Grease a 9 x 12 dish.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and oil. Warm gently over low heat while stirring until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
3. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Remove from the heat. Allow the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Stir in the flaxseed, followed by the oats and cereal.
5. Let the mixture cool for a few more minutes (so the chocolate chips will not melt) and then stir in the chocolate chips.
6. The mixture will be crumbly. Press firmly into a 9 x 12 pan (put your had in a sandwich bag that is covered with a light coat of oil and use to press the granola together).
7. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Cut into bars.
They will be very hard when they first come out of the refrigerator but loosen up as they get warm.