Dairy Free Cheese Substitute
YiELDS ABOUT 2 CUPS
TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-pound medium to firm GF tofu
- 3 Tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons GF nutritional yeast
- 1/4-teaspoon kosher salt
- Additional optional spices such as rosemary or thyme
Press the water out of the tofu by holding it between two paper towels and pressing it out.
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor except the optional spices. Start with 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar and add more as your taste desires. Process until smooth and creamy.
Taste and add more salt if needed. Add optional herbs and pulse until combined.