Dairy Free Quiche
TIME: 90 minutes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Ume plum vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon GF nutritional yeast (optional but recommended as it adds a great cheese flavor)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8 -9 inch Gluten Free pie crust (unbaked)
- 1 - 2 green onions, chopped
- thinly sliced tomato
Optional Filing Ingredients such as cooked GF sausage, sauteed onions and peppers.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. With a fork, mix together the coconut milk, eggs, vinegar, garlic, yeast, mustard powder, salt and pepper. The powdery substances will be a little lumpy. Mix as well as you can, as they seem to dissolve while baking.
3. Add optional ingredients to the GF piecrust. For a vegetarian quiche, sauté 2 - 3 cups chopped vegetables until softened. Try red peppers, onions and olives. For a meat quiche, crumble and cook GF sausage until done.
4. Add egg mixture and top with the green onions and thinly sliced tomato.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.