Chocolate Decadence Cookies
YIELDS 18 cookies
TIME: 75 minutes
1/2 cup GF Flour
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not already included in GF Flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
1 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl combine the GF flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine chocolate and butter, and heat in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside.
3. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs until thick, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and the vanilla, beat until combined. Stir in the flour mixture.
5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the sheets, spacing them 2 1/2 inches apart. Note that this is very messy process. The dough is very sticky. Use some cooking spray on your hands and utensils to make this step go more easily.
7. Spray the bottom of a class with cooking spray and dip it in powdered sugar. Gently knock off the excess sugar and flatten the cookie with the sugared glass bottom to a disk-like shape.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes - until the outside has a nice crust but the cookies are still soft to the touch.
Makes about 18 large cookies. Store in an airtight container.