Giant Oatmeal Cookie
YIELDS: One giant cookie or 18 small cookies.
TIME: 2 hours
- 1 cup butter softened (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups GF Flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not already included in GF Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon GF baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups certified GF oats
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugars together on medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat well.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together - flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and stir. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To make a giant cookie, spread all of the mix on a round pizza pan that is lined with parchment paper leaving about one inch around the sides so it can expand as it bakes. Place on the middle rack in the oven and place a square cookie sheet on the bottom rack in case the cookie expands over the edges of the pizza pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
To make cookies, form round balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 -12 minutes.