YIELDS: 1 PIE
TIME: 2 HOURS
For the pumpkin filing
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish GF pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into unbaked GF pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.