Garlic Mashed Potatoes
SERVES: 4 - 6
TIME: 40 minutes
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 pounds white boiling potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (Soy Milk plus 1 T lemon juice for dairy free - let sit until it thickens)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Separate the garlic heads into cloves and peel them. Put cloves on a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Fold foil over, crimp the edges and bake for about 30 minutes. Garlic should be soft and starting to brown.
3. Mash the garlic with the buttermilk.
4. While the garlic is cooking, peel and quarter potatoes and boil in 1 teaspoon salt until tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Add to the garlic mixture and mash with a potato masher or large wooden spoon.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.