YIELDS: 1 dozen
TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Gluten Free chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips for diary free)
- 3 Tablespoons milk (use almond milk for dairy free)
- 1/2 cup crispy GF cereal (such as Enjoy Life Crunchy flax cereal)
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free pretzels (such as Glutino Gluten-Free Pretzel Twists)
- Orange sanding sugar (optional – Wilton Cake Sparkles are GF)
To Make the Spiders:
- Prepare a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Reserve about one-third of the chocolate mixture for the spider legs.
- Stir the GF cereal into the remaining chocolate.
- Form the spider bodies by dropping oval teaspoons of the chocolate and cereal mixture onto the waxed paper. Sprinkle with orange colored sanding sugar (optional). Let cool.
- Place a spider body on top of each frosted cup cake.
- Warm up the remaining chocolate mixture in the microwave. Break the pretzel sticks to form curved legs and stir in the chocolate to coat. Attach the pretzels as legs.
- Sprinkle with orange sanding sugar (optional).
Find these products at