Cut Out Christmas Cookies
YIELDS: 40 cookies
TIME: 2 hours
- 2 ½ sticks (10 ounces) unsalted butter at room temperature (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Glutino Gluten Free Pantry Pizza Crust Mix
Gluten Free Frosting:
- 1 pound box of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk (use almond milk for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
1. In your electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt until creamy. About 5 minutes.
2. Beat in egg yolks, lemon and vanilla.
3. On slow speed, beat in the flour one cup at a time until just combined.
4. Divide dough into three equal parts, flatten into disc, wrap separately in wax paper and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Flour the work surface and your rolling pin with rice flour and roll out one disk at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. The dough will break up a little bit on the first roll, but then becomes very easy to work with. On the other end, the dough will be hard to work with after it warms up too much, so keep extras in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
7. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
8. With a metal spatula, transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake 10 – 12 minutes, until lightly golden
Depending on the size makes around 40 cookies.