Peanut Butter Cups
YIELDS: 24 candies
TIME: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (for gluten and dairy free chips, use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup GF peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- 24 mini-muffin baking cups
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water or in the microwave on 50% power, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. These do not take long to melt. For dairy free, use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. If you are not allergic to dairy then any GF Milk Chocolate Chips will work.
- Use a small spoon to coat insides of the Mini Muffin Cups with the melted chocolate. Cover the bottom and sides well. Save the extra chocolate for the candy tops.
- Transfer cups to a Mini Muffin Pan and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is setting, combine the peanut butter, sugar and salt and beat on low speed until well combined.
- When the chocolate is hard, microwave the peanut butter mixture for 45 seconds on full power to soften it.
- With a small spoon, add about a teaspoon of peanut butter filling to each chocolate cup.
- Re-melt the extra chocolate if necessary and add a layer of chocolate over the top of each candy.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt.
- Return to the freezer until set, 15 minutes or so.
- To serve, peel off the paper cups and enjoy!
Click HERE for detailed instructions with photos.