Stars of Christmas
YIELDS: About 20
TIME: 45 minutes (with a premade gluten free pie crust)
- 1 uncooked gluten free pie crust
- 14 – 20 Hershey Chocolate Kisses
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Hershey’s Caramel Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crust We have found it is easier to transfer the dough if you spray a piece of saran wrap with cooking oil and roll the crust out on the saran wrap. Add more cold water if crumbly but fold water into the dough so it does not stick to the surface. Alternatively use a Baking Pie Crust bag. This is the best $6.00 I have ever spent. It takes all of the work out of rolling out the gluten free pie crust. Unzip the Baking Pie Crust bag, spray a little oil inside, place your dough inside, zip it back up and roll with a rolling pin.
- Cut out 2 1/2 inch circles of dough with a knife or biscuit cutter.
- Place one Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss in each circle.
- Fold 1/2 of the dough over the Chocolate Kiss.
- Fold the other half of the dough and form a star. Seal the edges. Repeat until done. One gluten free pie crust yielded about 20 stars.
- Whisk the egg white and brush each star. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and drizzle with Hershey’s Caramel Sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator.