Barbeque Beef Brisket
SERVES: 6 - 8
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 cup GF liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
For the sauce:
- 8 ounces GF ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons GF Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
Make sure you use a gluten free liquid smoke. Sometimes, smoke flavorings can contain barley malt, which is not gluten free. Wright’s Liquid Smoke is gluten free and soy free. It does not contain artificial flavors and colors.
- Rub brisket with liquid smoke and salt. Place in a 9 x 12 inch baking dish. Let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place in a large covered roasting pan and bake for 3 ½ to 4 hours or until done and very tender.
- Cool in the refrigerator until firm, about an hour.
- Slice meat very thinly.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place meat in a baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
For a Super bowl Party, I sliced the brisket into one-inch squares and popped them on top of Brazi Bites for a fun appetizer. You can just slice and serve along with a side of roasted potatoes for a great meal.