Marinated Flank Steak
TIME: 30 minutes, plus marinating time
1/2 cup GF soy sauce (San-J Organic Tamari is GF)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons white wine
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1-3 pound flank steak
1. In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, oil, white wine, pepper, garlic, brown sugar and ginger.
2. Score the steak lightly with a fork on both sides and place in a shallow glass dish.
3. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
4. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
5. Oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the grill, and discard the marinade. Grill meat for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.