TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound organic ground hamburger or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons GF Worchester Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (use less for more mild Tacos)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- GF taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or smoked cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
- Shredded Romaine lettuce, 2 hearts
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion as a topping
- GF sour cream
- GF salsa
1. In a medium skillet preheated over medium high heat, add oil, meat and Worchester Sauce. Brown meat 2 or 3 minutes, then add onions. Cook onions and meat together for another 3 to 5 minutes, until meat is brown.
2. Add the seasoning (chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and sugar) and 3/4 cup water. Stir and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Adjust seasoning per your taste.
3. Warm GF tacos shells in the microwave. Spoon in the meat and garnish with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, chopped onion, sour cream and/or salsa.