SERVES: 10 Tacos
TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (use less for milder Tacos)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 12 ounce package Organic Tofu Extra Firm, drained, pressed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 GF corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or smoked cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- GF sour cream
- GF salsa
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- Mix together the seasonings - chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt, sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Coat the tofu in the seasonings.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until browned.
- Warm GF tacos shells in the microwave and spoon in the tofu.
- Garnish with optional toppings including cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, chopped onion, corn, sour cream, salsa and/or avocado.