Basic Tomato Pasta Sauce
SERVES: 4 - 6
TIME: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 medium carrot, finely grated
- 2 28-ounce cans peeled whole tomatoes
- Whole basil leaves, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan (optional - omit for dairy free)
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the thyme and carrot, and cook 5 minutes more, until the carrot is soft.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until it thickens.
4. Season with salt and serve.
Serve with Gluten Free pasta and garnish with basil leaves and cheese.
Store for 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.