SERVES: 4 - 6
TIME: 90 minutes
- 1 box Tinkyada gluten free lasagna noodles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pound GF sausage
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped (optional)
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water. Add the noodles and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and sprinkle with some olive oil to keep them from sticking. Set aside.
2. While the noodles are soaking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3. Add the sausage and cook until it is no longer pink (8 to 10 minutes). If you are going to use the Kale, add it about 5 minutes into cooking the sausage.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer uncovered over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
7. Ladle 1/3 of the tomato sauce into a 9 x 12 inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish.
8. Next add the layers as follows:
- Half the pasta (if it is sticking add some olive oil to loosen)
- Half the cheese mixture,
- One third the sauce,
- Rest of the pasta,
- Rest of the cheese mixture
- Rest of the sauce.
9. Sprinkle with ½ cup Mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F, until the sauce is bubbling.
Click HERE for detailed instructions with photos.