Macaroni & Cheese
TIME: 1 hour
2 cups GF pasta
3 Tablespoons butter
2 T GF flour (any GF flour blend will work)
½ teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 cups milk
¼ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cubed (makes 2 cups cubed)
- A handful of crunched up GF potato chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 1-½ quart casserole.
2. Cook GF pasta in salted water according to package directions until almost done but still hard.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter. On medium heat, blend in GF flour, salt and pepper.
4. Stirring constantly, slowly add 2 cups milk (I have noticed that GF flour seems to blend better at a higher temperature, so I add the flour and milk at a temperature that is a little higher than I’d use for traditional wheat flour).
5. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
6. Add the onions (optional) and cubed cheddar cheese. Stir until just melted.
7. Mix with the cooked pasta and turn into the casserole dish. Top with the crunched up chips.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.