TIME: 1 hour
- 1 cup (6 oz/185 g) Quinoa, preferably multi-color
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) Cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
- 1 can (15 oz/470 g) Chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 6 Radishes, chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1⁄2-inch (12 mm) pieces
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup (1 oz/30 g) Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh mint, minced
- 1⁄2 cup (21⁄2 oz/75 g) Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) Fresh lemon juice,
- Romaine hearts
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan. Rinse with cold water, drain. Repeat rinsing 3 more times, and then drain the quinoa and return to the pan. Add 1 1⁄2 cups (12 fl oz/375 ml) water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand at least 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer the quinoa to a large shallow bowl and cool to room temperature. (Refrigerate to speed up the cooling).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, chickpeas, radishes, cucumbers, green onions, parsley, mint, and feta, if using. Add to the cooled quinoa.
- Add the oil and lemon juice and toss to combine evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with romaine hearts for scooping.
- Instead of the cherry tomatoes, you can use 1 lb (500 g) regular heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped.