TIME: 1 hour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF Sorghum Grain
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 Tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 orange, peeled, and sliced into segments
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Roasted chickpeas
- Prepare the sorghum by washing it. Add 1 cup of sorghum and 3 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Don’t under cook or the sorghum will be hard. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the Roasted Chickpeas while the sorghum is cooking.
- Place the lime juice, 2 Tablespoons olive oil and salt in a bowl. Stir in the sorghum.
- Toss in the avocado, orange segments and scallions.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with roasted chickpeas.
- Can be served hot, chilled, or at room temperature. I prefer it chilled.