Leave a Review
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
YIELDS: EQUIVALENT ONE CAN OF SOUP
TIME: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup GF chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee mushrooms in olive oil until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the starch a little at a time and stir until mixture thickens. Slowly stir in milk and then broth until combined and smooth. Stir until it thickens to desired consistency. If not thickening, you can add more starch one teaspoon at a time but no more than one tablespoon total.
- Stir in mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS WITH PHOTOS