Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
TIME: 1 hour
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 3 - 5 cups GF chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 package GF lasagna noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the chicken to a large soup pot and cover with water.
2. Add 3 cups chicken broth, onion, celery, carrots, garlic and Thyme.
3. Boil until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from the pot, cut into bite size pieces and return to the pot.
5. Add equal amounts of water and chicken broth so that you have enough liquid to boil the noodles - I usually add 2 cups water and 2 cups chicken broth.
6. Return to a boil.
7. Break up the lasagna noodles into large pieces and add to the pot.
8. Cook until noodles are done (around 15 minutes).
9. Add salt to taste and pepper to taste.