Krispie Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews
- 2 tbs butter (or vegan alternative)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 10 oz marshmallow cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate but dark would be good as well)
- 5-6 cups Erewhon cinnamon brown rice cereal
- Powdered sugar
1. Line an 8×8” pan with foil and coat with cooking spray or butter.
2. Add butter, peanut butter, marshmallow cream and chocolate chips to a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until ingredients are melted. Add in the brown rice cereal while the mixture is hot and mix until combined.
3. Pour into your pan and press down with a spatula to make firm.
4. Once the Krispies are cool, cut into as big of squares as you prefer. I made mine relatively large but they would be just as good bite-sized as well.
They have various flavors of brown rice cereal which is good enough to eat alone, but I also wanted to make some sort of rice-crispiness-like dessert.
I woke up one morning to find my box of cinnamon flavored cereal Erewhon sent me mysteriously opened with a dirty cereal bowl in the sink and new I needed to make a dessert with them before they were gone!
Regular rice krispies are delicious, but this recipe adds chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallow cream for a little extra flavor.
If you are looking for an easy dessert that the whole family will enjoy for the upcoming holiday season, or for a tasty breakfast cereal, try out Erewhon and let me know what you think!
Recipe adapted from: Crazy For Crust