When you live in the Pacific Northwest, it sometimes feels like summer doesn’t start until July 4th. June can be rainy, and the kids stay in school until late or mid-June.
I planted my garden yesterday, and it made summer feel closer. My son is learning on-line, so the “end of school” seems less important.
And we grilled our first corn of the summer and made this salad—another family favorite. Enjoy and stay healthy.
Summer Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn, husk, and silk removed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter (use Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add the corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove and allow the corn to cool slightly.
2. Cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and chopped cilantro.
4. Pour over the corn and gently mix to coat.
5. Stir in the red onion and top with crumbled feta.
6. Season with salt to taste.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
My garden on a stormy spring evening. April showers, bring May flowers.