White Bean & Chicken Chili
SERVES: 4 - 6
TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups GF chicken broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and one onion and sauté' until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and sauté' until thoroughly cooked.
4. Add green chilies, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
5. Add beans, chicken broth and one onion.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with Tostitos and garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese or guacamole.