Another family favorite. This is also great camping food! Cooks well in a dutch oven over an open fire.
White Bean & Chicken Chili
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 4 ounces can diced green chilies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 cups cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
6 cups GF chicken broth
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté’ until thoroughly cooked.
2. Add garlic and one onion and sauté’ until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add green chilies, cumin, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
5. Add beans, chicken broth, and one onion.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with Tostitos and garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese, or guacamole.