Are you getting ready for a Superbowl party? These are our favorite appetizers.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sizes (you will get close to 30 pieces)
- 1 package GF bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, chili powder and salt.
3. Slice bacon into thirds. Wrap cut up chicken pieces in a third of a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick. Roll in sugar mixture.
4. Place on a rimmed baking tray (the bacon grease will spill over a non-rimmed sheet) that is lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. For crispier bacon, set under the broiler for a few minutes at the end. Keep an eye on it as the bacon will brown quickly under the broiler.
I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys and then married a Kansas City Chief’s fan (they can get a little crazy), so Sunday football games have been a pretty standard part of my life.
When we moved to Seattle, we bought Seahawks season tickets, but I have only been to a few games. We only have two tickets, so it is usually my husband and one of the kids who go to the games. In the past, I have been known to read a book through a Seahawks game on Sunday afternoon.
No matter the occasion, this a family favorite!