Another family favorite. Just as good the second day, warmed up and served on a piece of gluten-free bread.
Gluten Free Meatloaf
Corn Free Dairy-Free Gluten-Free
- 1 cup certified GF oats, finely ground (see link below)
- 1/3 cup milk (use almond or soy milk for dairy-free)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon GF Worcestershire sauce
- a small pinch cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Process the oatmeal in a food processor until finely ground.
2. In a medium bowl, combine milk and GF oats. Let sit for a couple of minutes. Stir in eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, onions, and carrots. Stir in oats mixture until mixed thoroughly.
4. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Shape the mixture into a loaf. Score the top diagonally.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
6. While it is baking, make the ketchup glaze by combining ½ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon salt. Remove meatloaf after 30 minutes and coat with a ketchup glaze.
7. Bake for another 30 minutes or until done.
Follow this affiliate link to Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 32 Ounce on Amazon.com.
2 thoughts on “Meatloaf”
I love a good meatloaf, perfect comfort food. Thanks for sharing – Danielle
We all need a little extra comforting right now. Stay healthy!