Another family favorite. This recipe has been a regular family meal for along time. Change it up by adding different kinds of cheese. It is super yummy with some Beecher’s Shredded cheese.
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
GF,Corn Free,Egg Free,Soy Free
- 2 cups GF pasta
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 T gluten-free flour (any GF flour blend will work)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cubed (makes 2 cups cubed)
- A handful of crunched up GF potato chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 1-½ quart casserole.
- Cook GF pasta in salted water according to package directions until almost done but still hard.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. On medium heat, blend in GF flour, salt, and pepper.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add 2 cups milk (I have noticed that GF flour seems to blend better at a higher temperature, so I add the flour and milk at a temperature that is a little higher than I’d use for traditional wheat flour).
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add the onions (optional) and cubed cheddar cheese. Stir until just melted.
- Mix with the cooked pasta and turn into the casserole dish. Top with the crunched up chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.