This is an easy and enjoyable family dinner. Cook and serve it with your favorite white wine.
Lemon Chicken Risotto
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 cup dry white wine – I used Columbia Crest Chardonnay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet. Cook until brown. Remove the cooked chicken and set aside for later.
- Warm the vegetable stock in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion starts to turn translucent. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the rice and stir to coat, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, allowing the rice to absorb the wine.
- Add ½ cup of vegetable broth to the rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1-teaspoon pepper. Stir and simmer until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue to add the broth, ½ cup at a time, stirring every few minutes. When the broth is just about evaporated, add more.
- Continue until the rice is cooked through, but still al dente. Start checking it after 20 minutes, but it usually takes around 30 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lemon zest and juice. Stir in the sour cream and basil. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.