I may live in Seattle now, but my roots were planted in the part of the country where barbeque is not an anomaly. While most of my Seattle friends are fish throwing, salmon eating, fleece wearing, borderline pescatarians, they love it when I serve them BBQ Beef Brisket.
They will come back with barbeque sauce dripping out of the corners of their mouths, asking for seconds and wanting to know how to make this.
Don’t tell them how easy it is!
For our Super Bowl Party, I sliced the brisket into one-inch squares and popped them on top of Brazi Bites for a fun appetizer.
Or slice and serve the beef along with a side of roasted potatoes for a great meal.
Here is one of my family’s favorite recipes for Barbeque Beef Brisket.
Barbecue Beef Brisket
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 cup GF liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 8 ounces GF ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons GF Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar *( 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
For the sauce:
Make sure you use gluten-free liquid smoke. Sometimes, smoke flavorings can contain barley malt, which is not gluten-free. Wright’s Liquid Smoke is gluten-free and soy-free.
- Rub brisket with liquid smoke and salt. Place in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish. Let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place in a large covered roasting pan and bake for 3 ½ to 4 hours or until done and very tender.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about an hour. Slice meat very thinly.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place meat in a baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Make sure you use gluten-free liquid smoke. Sometimes, smoke flavorings can contain barley malt, which is not gluten-free. Wrights Liquid Smoke – 3.5 Oz (Pack of 2) is gluten-free and soy-free. Follow the link to order it from Amazon.