Chef John Howie from Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar in Bellevue and Seattle is sharing his naturally gluten free recipe for Zucchini Linguine with us.
gluten free, dairy free
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 3 Tablespoons shallots – fresh, minced very fine
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic – shaved slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- 2 cups Roma Tomato – diced to ½ inches
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pink Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 3 Tablespoons GF Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Artichoke Hearts – sliced into ¼” wedges
- 1/2 cup Calamata Olives – pitted, quartered
- 2 lbs (4 cups) Zucchini – sliced ¼” x ¼” x 5 – 6″ long
- 6 Tablespoons Basil – fresh, julienne to 1/16″
- 4 Tablespoons roasted Pine nuts
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the shallots, shaved garlic, and crushed red chili flakes.
2. Sauté for 2-3 minutes with light browning.
3. Add Roma tomatoes, salt, and vegetable stock, cook, until tomatoes are tender and the sauce thickens a bit.
4. Add artichokes and olives and warm through.
5. Add Zucchini and cook until warmed through but do not overcook.
6. Remove from heat and toss in basil.
7. Mound high evenly in pasta bowls and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Stay safe and healthy friends.