I promised our absolute favorite recipes for this website, and this one is a winner. I made these every week when the kids were younger. So yummy. Enjoy! Jamie
Gluten Free Granola Bar
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Generous Pinch or Two of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Gluten Free Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Quick or Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Rice Cereal
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Mini Chocolate Chips (For dairy-free use Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate mini-chips.)
- Grease a 9 x 12 dish.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, and oil. Warm gently over low heat while stirring until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Remove from the heat. Allow the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the flaxseed, followed by the oats and cereal.
- Let the mixture cool for a few more minutes (so the chocolate chips will not melt) and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- The mixture will be crumbly. Press firmly into a 9 x 12 pan (put your had in a sandwich bag covered with a light coat of oil and use to press the granola together).
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut into bars. They will be very hard when they first come out of the refrigerator but loosen up as they get warm.