A great recipe for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Make ahead and store in individual bags in the freezer. Warm in the microwave when you are ready to eat! Take Care and Be Healthy,
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (at least 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- Cheddar cheese
- sweet bell peppers, chopped
- onion, chopped
- cooked GF sausage
- spinach, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
Optional extra ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Liberally grease a 12-cup standard-size muffin tin. The muffins will stick if you do not grease it well, so take care with this step.
- Whisk the eggs, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Fill the bottom of the muffin tins until they are about 1/3 full with the optional extra ingredients. Try a tiny bit of cheese with the bell peppers, olives, onions, and mushrooms in hers. Or a combination of onions and sausage, without any cheese, for a dairy-free option, or you can substitute vegan cheese.
- Stir the egg mixture and add to the muffin tin until each tin is 3/4ths full. The egg muffins will rise slightly while baking.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until they start to brown.
2 thoughts on “Recipe for Egg Muffins”
Love egg muffins! Such a great grab and go breakfast. You can even make them into egg sandwiches on an english muffin, freeze the whole thing and take it out to go! Love it. Thanks for sharing – Danielle
Great idea! Thank you!