I don’t know about you, but I have been cooking a lot lately. I love recipes that make enough food for more than one meal. This one almost tastes better the second day! Enjoy and stay healthy!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2- 32 oz boxes GF chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1-2 handfuls frozen corn
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add onions, garlic and bay leaves. Saute 5 minutes. Add diced chicken, cumin and oregano, and saute until chicken cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salsa, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is soft.
- Add black beans and corn and remove from heat.
Top with gluten-free tortilla chips, cheese, or chopped avocados.