I first started making overnight oats my sophomore year of college.
Healthy Overnight Oats
Easy Overnight Breakfast
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1/3 Cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup Almond Milk (sweetened or unsweetened is up to you)
- ½ Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 tsp Honey
- A handful of berries
- Add all ingredients except for the berries to a mason jar.
- Stir and refrigerate overnight with the lid on the mason jar.
- Remove from refrigerator, add berries, give it another stir and eat up.
My best friend and I started working out at night and I would wake up starving in the morning. I needed something more filling to start my day and she suggested overnight oats.
Now whenever I know I am going to have a busy day and need that extra filling meal in the morning, overnight oats are my go to. They are so tasty and packed with goodness – especially with the added Chia Seeds in this recipe.
If you or a loved one is dairy free, substitute the Greek yogurt with a non-dairy yogurt alternative and it will be just as delicious.