I love this recipe. So yummy. Not dry like a lot of gluten-free recipes. And it will stay pretty fresh for a couple of days if you wrap it in saran wrap.
- 1 ¼ cups Gluten-Free flour
- ½ cup GF almond flour
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (if not included in GF Flour Mix)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ stick unsalted butter softened (use Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup warm milk (use Almond, Coconut or Soy Milk for dairy-free)
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Lemon sauce (recipe below)
- Lightly butter a bread loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Cream the butter until white. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to this mixture in 2 parts, alternating with the milk. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Let the mix rest on the counter for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for one hour at 325 degrees F.
- Remove from the bread pan and pour the lemon sauce over it.
* 1/3 cup sugar * 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Bring to a boil in a nonaluminum pot and pour over the cooked bread.