I love a good sauce that you can put on almost anything and use over and over to make delicious meals, and this Greek Tzatziki sauce is just that! It is an excellent mixture of tangy and creamy and goes great on gyros, pasta, rice bowls, tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or even pizza. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 to 2 cups cucumber
- 1.5 cups plain Greek or yogurt
- 3 tbs fresh dill
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
Optional: 1 tbs honey, or swap plain Greek yogurt for Honey Greek yogurt
- Grate cucumber. You will notice that it gets very wet. To keep the sauce from being super runny, take handfuls of the grated cucumber, wrap it up in a paper towel, and squeeze over the sink to drain out the water. You don’t have to use a paper towel, but I like to. Add to a serving bowl.
- Chop your fresh dill nice and small in a food processor or using a knife.
- Add the yogurt, chopped dill, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt to the serving bowl and gently stir it all together with your cucumber.
- Do a taste test to see if you need to add any ingredients you already used. If anything is too strong such as the lemon or dill, add a scoop of yogurt. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, add honey or try using honey flavored Greek yogurt the next time you make it.
- Eat right away or store covered in the refrigerator for later.